Get 10% off your next purchase when you sign up to our mailing listSubscribe here
Use this unique recycled fabric cosmetic bag as a wash bag or a make up bag as it's easily washable on the inside and can be compressed down easily when not full.
Made by Social Enterprise Trashy Bags Africa this cosmetic bag is made from over 48 used plastic water sachets which is the single largest source of drinking water in Ghana. Cheap to produce, the waste unfortunately presents an enormous challenge considering the lack of recycling initiatives in the country.
The fabric on the outer is traditional African wax fabric and is all off cuts sourced from seamstresses in the local markets, which would normally either be burnt or end up in landfill. As such each bag is unique and the outer print you receive may vary from the image shown.
Each month, Trashy Bags Africa collect over 200,000 plastic water sachets that are cleaned and upcycled by their team to create fashionable, iconic, and useable products.
- Product dimensions: W23cm x H15cm x D10cm
- Outer fabric print may vary slightly from the image shown as all bags are unique
- Made from over 48 used water sachets
- Outer fabric is off cuts from local markets that would normally end up in landfill
- Upcycled and stitched in Ghana by local people creating skilled employment and entrepreneurship opportunities at the grass root level.
- Any waste left over from the upcycling process is recycled into plastic pellets creating a complete circular economy.
We ship to the UK with a £3.95 standard delivery charge, with FREE shipping if your order is over £50 or wherever you see the URBAN MAKERS logo.