Virtual wrapping for refugees
Our virtual Wrapping for Refugees shoeboxes will give vital support to a refugee or person seeking asylum this festive period.
A £10 virtual shoebox could:
- buy a basic mobile phone, allowing someone to stay connected to their loved ones.
- buy a hygiene pack, giving access to basics that no one should go without.
- give someone the choice to buy what they need to support themselves and their families – from warm clothes for the winter, toiletries, a food shop or bus fare to get to an appointment.
A £15 virtual shoebox could:
- cover someone’s weekly food shop, so they can cook their own meals and feel a sense of home and normality in a new, unfamiliar country.
- give someone an hour of one-to-one support, to get advice on everything from healthcare and education, to finding lost family members. Our staff can also organise groups or skills sessions for refugees to boost their confidence and wellbeing.
A £25 virtual shoebox could:
- buy a set of clothes, making sure someone’s wrapped up in a scarf, hat and winter jacket to brave the cold.
- cover the cost of a school uniform for a young refugee, making sure they're kitted out for their first day at a new school.
This festive period, you have the power to make a difference for people like Maryam, Firty and Nawal, read their stories here.